There are only twelve, count ’em, twelve days left until our big move!
- I sold our living room set (leather sofa & chair, coffee table and side table) to the nicest young lady… an Aveda-trained hairdresser who’s apprenticing for a dear friend. My version of “keeping it in the family.”
- I sold all of my bookcases. Exhale. A few collectible and autographed editions (Timothy Leary) plus my favorite books on writing are in storage.
- I finally went through 16 year’s worth of my slides and prints (previous life), keeping only the best-of-the-best. I went from a box-full to a handful, and in doing so, I found a couple of my Dad’s slides from 1953-54 I’d never seen. One is me on my Mom’s lap with my grandparents, and one is me with my new baby sister, Terry.
- I have gone through my closet and dresser for one last purge. It’s funny the clothes we cling to, even though we KNOW we aren’t going to wear them again.
“You have to be ruthless if you’re going to travel light.” You can quote me on that.
- Although I love to bake, a lot of what I have isn’t useable in a convection/microwave, and I don’t have storage for all the rest. I actually don’t see myself baking as much as before, other than my GF brownies and cornbread. I will be fine. I’m an old-school cook. With a spatula, a wooden spoon, and some elbow grease, I can turn out anything.
- Speaking of turning out… I turn in my lease car next week. It will be the first time in 48 years I won’t have wheels of my own. Exhale. I’m getting more done in less time, letting go more easily and getting more excited every day!
I’m here to tell you… This is nothing to be afraid of.
- As a treat, last week we bought a lovely black & white spotted cowhide for the floor of the motor home. We’ve always wanted one. My sweetie has named her Daisy. All I can think of is the computer from 2001: A Space Odyssey singing “Daisy, Daisy… “
- And this morning, for something to fill ME back up, I went to a yoga class at a new place I had never been before. It was an exceptionally amazing experience, and now I’m looking forward to many more amazing, new experiences!